Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarships available
Jo-Carroll Energy will award up to $25,000 to students from its service territory through its scholarship program.
The Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarship Program includes:
- Six Jo-Carroll Energy Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to current high school seniors whose parents or guardians are members of Jo-Carroll Energy. Two scholarships will be awarded in both Jo Daviess and Carroll counties and one each in Whiteside and Henry counties.
- Four $1,000 scholarships (one awarded in each county of the cooperative’s service territory) for students who will attend two-year, technical or trade schools.
- Two lineworker scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each.
- Four $1,500 scholarships (one awarded in each county of the cooperative’s service territory) for adult or “non-traditional” students. These scholarships will go to cooperative members who are returning to school or will attend a post-secondary or accredited training program.
- 10 “Director’s Scholarships” of $500 each to be awarded to a student from each of the cooperative’s 10 director districts. Current high school seniors, whose parents are members of Jo-Carroll Energy, are eligible for these scholarships. Applicants and at least one of their parents must attend the Annual Meeting of Members on May 25 where selections will be made by drawings.
Deadline for JCE scholarship applications is March 1, 2018, except the Director’s Scholarship. That deadline is May 1, 2018.All Jo-Carroll Energy scholarships are funded by unclaimed capital credits.