Petitions available for director nominations
Nomination petitions for the 2018 Jo-Carroll Energy Board of Directors are now available.
Five director posts are up for election including:
- District 8, currently represented by Russell Holesinger of Fulton
- District 7, currently represented by David Senn of Mount Carroll
- District 5, currently represented by Pat Smith of Galena
- District 10, currently represented by Ronald Hallendorff and Robert Kuhns, both of Geneseo. With this election, the number of representatives from District 10 will be reduced to one.
- District 4, currently represented by Dan Tindell. Tindell was appointed in 2017 to fill a vacancy to fill the unexpired term until the next election. The District 4 term ends in 2019.
The deadline for filing petitions is March 23, 2018. Members interested in seeking election to the board may pick up a petition at one of Jo-Carroll Energy’s offices or download a petition.
In order to qualify to have their names placed on the ballot, all nominees must participate in an orientation process provided by the attorney for the cooperative, assuring that all nominees fully understand the expectations and responsibilities of directors. These include but are not limited to: time demands, education expectations and fiduciary duties.
All eligible candidates will be announced and listed on the cooperative’s website and in Hi-Lines.
Complete details on director qualifications and the nomination procedure can be found in Jo-Carroll Energy’s bylaws.
The 2018 Annual Meeting of Members is set for May 23, 2018 in Galena.